Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back again

Wow! It's been harder to get to write this blog than I thought it would be. I've had a lot of trouble with the Internet service. We think it's the modem. It goes on for while, then it cycles off, then it comes back on. It's been very frustrating. Today for some reason it seems to be working fine. Maybe it knows we're going to swap it out this afternoon.

Getting the bar going - especially getting all the permits - is taking a ton of time. Katie (the original Lola) is so much help. I don't know how I would do this without her. She's been through this before so she at least knows what offices we have to go to. And, her Spainsh is fluent (unlike mine).

There is a lot of burecratic running around. Before you can get this permit, you need that piece of paper, but to get that piece of paper you need to have this inspection done. Because it's all different departments, some city, some "state," nobody really knows what anybody else's processes or requirements are. I'd say "welcome to the Caribbean" but it's the same burecratic nightmare everywhere.

So right now I'm sitting waiting for the guy from tech services from my bank to show up to set up my credit card reader. We've only been trying to get this done since before Christmas.

Wow. Speak of the devil - the tech guy is here. Gotta go.

No comments: