Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Photo of the day 30 de enero de 2007


Late again. Sorry.

Sunsets over the beach are beautiful here. Because the bar is open four evenings a week, I only have three days to catch sunsets. I don't always make it but I try to take advantage when I can.

We are literally on the most northern point of the island. This time of year we have to get a little way around the corner of the island to really see the sunset. In this photo the sun sets over the next point along the beach, about a mile west of where we get on the beach from Ola Lola's.

It's a little strange for me to be on a beach facing north. In Michigan all the beaches we frequented face west. The quality of the light here is very different from that in Michigan (which has a lot to do with the difference in latitudes) but the direction of the light is very different on a north-facing beach.

More to come.

No comments: