Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Windy!!

Yesterday, last night and today are the kinds of days back in Michigan we kite flyers always said, "I wish I could bottle some of this wind and save it for later." We've had sustained 23-25 mph winds with gusts well over 30. This morning, Weather Underground said we had 1000 mph winds but I think that was an exaggeration.

I went down to the ocean a little while ago and it is all churned up. I would really like to do some kite aerial photography (KAP) but I don't have a kite or line that will stand up to this for very long. Most of the KAPpers I know, most of whom are in the Midwest, are looking for big lifter kites for light winds. Right now, I have the opposite problem. I gotta go online and look for a HIGH wind kite to safely lift my camera rig.

All part of the adventure of living and learning in a new place, outside one's comfort zone. I love it!

No comments: