Tuesday, May 08, 2007

As long as we're in the water...

A couple of weeks ago I got a chance to work with our friend Heather (she's a Licensed Massage Therapist here) on a photo shoot for a Venezuelan swimsuit designer.

I was walking on the beach with my camera in its underwater housing when I met Heather and her friend Kelly. We got to talking about the shoot they were doing and the conversation led to they wanted some underwater shots and since I have an underwater housing, would I be interested.

Well... ... ... yeah.

So I spent a couple of hours tagging along with Aura, wonderful talented young photographer from Venezuela (she's also a surfer and skater but was the main photographer on this shoot) , shooting some stuff and then working with Heather and Ruth (the suit designer herself) in the ocean. And even more importantly, I made some new friends (Aura, Ruth and others) .

It was a fun time that ended too soon 'cause I had to go open Lola's. But Aura's stopped by Lola's a couple of times. And Ruth is coming back in December and we'll probably do some more work then.

In the meantime, everybody else on the shoot is off the island. Kelly went home to Nantucket (to clean up after the Nor'easter). Ruth went to Australia and then Indonesia to compete in surfing competitions (did I mention she not only designs suits, she's a surfer/skater/competitor also?). Aura is headed to Australia and then Indonesia to surf and hang with Ruth. Heather left Friday for a month in California to finish up some personal business.

If you want to see more photos from the shoot, check out the Flicker site. The set is 070416_suit shoot. Ruth, Aura, Kelly and the others haven't seen the photos yet. Posting them on Flickr is one way to let them see them. Heather saw the unedited versions (color-correction, cropping) and really liked them. Now she'll be able to see the "fixed" photos in California. I'm sure some of the photos will find their way to the Puerto Rico Surf Photo site as well.

Sorry I didn't get this posted earlier. We had one of those random power outages that lasted most of the day.

No comments: