Thursday, June 14, 2007

An early birthday present

My birthday is still two days away but I got my BIG birthday present early this morning: the 3:30 Jet Blue flight into Aguadilla (which didn't actually get here 'til almost 5:00) brought our daughter Sara to visit. She and Elaine have been plotting and planning this for a long time - complete with "well, I thought I was coming early this summer but now I can't" and "yeah I'd love to come, but later" messages. Yeah right.

It was a HUGE surprise. For weeks I've been thinking we were going to pick up one of Elaine's former students and her husband for a brief stay on this side of the island before they went to San Juan for a cruise. Oh - the set up for this has been elaborate to say the least! There were even e-mails from the student with itineraries and answers to questions about luggage and on and on and on. And I bought it all, hook, line and sinker. Apparently I was one of about five people on this side of the island who didn't know Sara was coming.

So Elaine and I are at the airport at 3:30, looking for a person I've never met but Elaine has described several times.

And then I see our daughter come through the gate! OMG!

Surprised? You bet.

Pleased? Happy? You can't even imagine! This is going to be a GREAT week! It's already a GREAT birthday/Father's Day!

Thanks, you two. I love you both.

No comments: