Monday, December 08, 2008

Ocean time

A photo from a snorkel trip to Crashboat Beach in November when Amy was here. You can see just how cloudy the water has been.

On Thursday I went SCUBA diving. When I recorded the dive in my log book, I realized I haven't been diving since August. Let me repeat that: I haven't been diving SINCE AUGUST! And to be honest, I've only been snorkeling about half-a-dozen time since then. The ocean has simply been too churned up and too rough to make snorkeling or diving much fun. Visibility has been terrible. Even our dive master Darryl has pretty much been diving only for SCUBA classes.

But Thursday was really good, the best it's been in a couple of months. Visibility was good - 50'-60' - and the water was a beautiful blue. We went to Natural and had about a 45 minute dive.

It felt so good to be back in the water. I miss it. I love taking surf pictures but I miss being IN the water myself.

No comments: