Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A huge surprise!!


So yesterday afternoon I'm working behind the bar at Ola Lola's and I see this sorta familiar face walking toward me with a beautiful little blond girl and another young woman I don't recognize. Then I realize it's our son Steven! He brought his daughter Angel and his friend to the island for vacation! We had NO IDEA they were coming! But that's pretty much Steve - he just kinda shows up. It's been way way too long since we've seen him. And this is the first time we've met Angel.

What a sweetie!!! She's beautiful, she's sweet, she's fun, she has a great smile and a wonderful laugh. Okay, we bang in love with her! Oh, yeah - she loves horses and the beach! My kinda girl!


I'm not sure Steve will ever know how much his coming means to me. Obviously because it's been a long time since we've seen our son. But it's more than that. This past weekend was one of our favorite kite festivals on the beach in Grand Haven, Michigan. So many of our friends were there. This coming weekend is another of our favorite festivals, Family Kite Fest in Milwaukee. Normally we would be going to Milwaukee for the festival but for various reasons we're not this year. So I've been really missing our kiting friends, really missing our kids (even Amy because she's been in Connecticut for a week and a half), not really "homesick" (since I am home), just missing people.

And then Steve, Angel and Theresa arrived. I'm still missing our friends but it is wonderful having the kids here!

No comments: