Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My photo on the cover of Kiting magazine


Kiting is the newsletter/magazine of the American Kitefliers Association (AKA). The cover of the latest issue is one of my photos of a kite surfer at sunset here at Shacks Beach. The photo, titled Hang Time, is one of my all-time favorites from my kite surfing pictures. This issue features several articles about kite surfing and kite surfing locations, including an article I wrote about kite surfing on Puerto Rico's north coast. A few of my kite surfing friends probably won't be too happy with the article. They would just as soon keep the "secret" to themselves.

I've been a member of AKA since 1985. Kiting and kite flying has brought some of my best, longest lasting friends into my life, including Elaine. We first met at a kite festival. It's really a romantic story but it's really her story to tell, so you'll have to wait for her. To find out more about kiting and and the AKA, check out their web site, www.aka.kite.org. It's a great organization.

No comments: