Thursday, May 24, 2012

Albert Nobbs

I don't "review" the few movies we watch very often but this one I have to talk about

We watched a movie last night called Albert Nobbs starring Glenn Close, who also co-produced and co-wrote the screenplay.

Neither of us heard of this movie until saw it on the video store shelves. Real video stores are like real libraries - you know, the ones with real books? You browse the shelves and something catches your eye and you say, "hmm, haven't heard of this one. Think I'll give it a try." That's what happened with Albert Nobbs.

Oh, my - what a movie! It is probably the best thing we've ever seen Glenn Close do. It is some of the most subtle acting I've ever seen. Her face - and the way she uses it - is nothing short of amazing. Close has been nominated for the Best Actress Oscar. I can't imagine her not winning! Hollywood politics be damned!


No comments: