Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy birthday - to ME!

Yep, today I started my 62nd year. And we started it in style!

We used to have a tradition in our family that on your birthday you gave a gift to someone else. The practiced reinforced the "better to give than to receive" idea with the kids.

This year I gave Elaine an adventure gift for my birthday. With the help of Scott from VerdeAzul we went stand-up paddle-boarding (SUP) on the Guajataca River. It was amazingwonderfulawesomecrazyfunbeautiful. And I guess we're hooked. Elaine is already talking to Scott about buying a couple of SUPs. I truly did not see this coming. So our little birthday adventure is turning into and yet another expensive (at least initially) outdoor activity. But then this is why we moved here, right? We loved it.

It's really good exercise as well. It looks like it's mostly arms but it's great for the core and legs. If we get out at all regularly, it should help us both in our other activities - horseback-riding for Elaine and diving for me.

I didn't take any pictures this time but Scott did. As soon as I get them from him, I'll post them.

No comments: