Friday, April 26, 2013

KAP is back!


Two months and four days (but who's counting) after my KAP rig went in the ocean while photographing the Rip Curl surf event, my completely rebuilt KAP rig finally successfully flew.

I've tried a couple of times before but there was always something that just didn't quite work right. Yesterday at Pozo Teodoro (a little tide pool at the east end of Middles Beach) I got it up and got it working. There are still a couple of tweaks I need to make to get it to 100% but it felt really good to have a camera back in the air.

I am especially pleased with the images from the new camera, a Canon SX500is. I wasn't sure I would like it but I do. The pictures are clear and sharp, better than what I was getting with my old camera.

We uploaded the best of pictures from this session to our Flickr page. Here's hoping there's lots more to come from this new rig!

No comments: