Sunday, May 26, 2013

Occurrences, common and uncommon


Two common occurrences in my life: One, I bash into something and scrape my poor unprotected head. Two, I go SCUBA diving.

The two came together in a freaky, uncommon but ultimately comical way the other day. First, I leaned over and bashed my head on a shelf, leaving a scrape and a little tiny flap of skin. The next morning I went diving at Crashboat. The sergeant-major fish are everywhere under the piers. They are beautiful and one of the reasons I like to dive at Crashboat. Occasionally, these little guys get curious and sometimes even a bit aggressive.

On this particular dive the little flap of skin on my scraped head proved too much temptation. I was hanging out under the pier, maybe even taking this photo, and I felt this nibbling on the top of my head. It freaked me out until I realized it was a sergeant-major cleaning my head, removing that little flap of scraped skin. It was weird and not altogether unpleasant. It was better than cutting that little flap off the next time when I shaved my head later in the day.

Just another strange moment underwater. 

Now, our daily afternoon thundershower is building over the mountains and the electricity is doing its daily unstable thing so I'm off and shutting down the computer.

No comments: