Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Musical chairs on the airplane

Sunset over the Atlantic

Because of an online error, when our flights were booked, we wound up on different flights. Elaine was scheduled to fly out of Mayaques at 10:00 and out of San Juan at 1:00. I was scheduled to fly out of Mayaguez at 1:30 and out of San Juan at 3:00. We would then meet in Miami for the flight to Cleveland.

The "station agent" in Mayaguez was very nice and said, "Sure you cn both get on the early flight." So we got to fly to San Juan together. When we got to San Juan, the flight Elaine was overbooked and they were asking for volunteers to tak the next flight (the one I was booked on). So Elaine got bunmped and got a $300 voucher. So now we were on the same flight to Miami but seated in different rows.

When a got to my seat, there was a woman siting in it.She was obviously sitting with her family and her young child. She said, "would you take my window seat so I can stay here?" Of course! No problem! So I started back to my new seat and Elaine started for hers. A man stood up and offer his seat so we could sit together.

We ended up sitting together in totally different seats than we were assigned on on flight we we'nt supposed to be on together. And we got $300 for our trouble!

Cool.

No comments: