Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19th - Kite surfing, wind surfing and surfing


In spite of typical winter howling winds, I haven't been down to photograph the kite surfers at Shacks for while. The timing just seems off: There are a lot of kite surfers out mid-afternoon but even on days I don't work the light at that time of day is flat and uninteresting. I prefer to shoot later in the afternoon when the light is more interesting but if there are waves, that's also a great time to shoot at Wilderness. Plus, I only have three afternoons a week to go out. There is that whole Ola Lola thing you know.

On Wednesday I decided to mosey on down to Shacks and see what was shaking. Among other things I hoped to get photos of our friend Jose, a wind surfer who is here from Switzerland.

The kite surfers were cool (as always) but on this day the wind surfers stole the show. There are four or five semi-pro wind surfers from France staying at Shacks. They put on quite a show for the camera. It was fun trying to capture both kite surfers and wind surfers in the same picture.

At some point I decided this might also be a good day to try an afternoon session at Wilderness so I grabbed my gear and made a mad dash for Wilderness. Wow! Two images from that session really stand out:

http://www.puertoricosurfphoto.com

http://www.puertoricosurfphoto.com

These are my favorites but there are lots more great images from both sessions on our website, www.puertoricosurfphoto.com. Check 'em out!

No comments: