Thursday, April 23, 2015

In the Cathedral

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ola-lolas/sets/72157651967437816/

I've had this photo under the mooring piers at Crashboat Beach in mind for a long time. Under the piers has always seemed like a cathedral to me and I've tried to capture that feeling. I have couple of other attempts but they aren't what I was looking for. This one is the best, the closest (so far) to the photo in my mind's eye.

The photo finally came together on a perfect 100-foot visibility day with the new fisheye lens for my underwater camera. I've known for a while that I wanted a wider-angle lens for underwater work but I didn't know how much I wanted one until I saw some of my freind and dive buddy Darryl's photos. At that point, I had to have one.

The new lens is everything I hoped it would be and really, more. I love it. And having 100-foot visibility helps the shot too.

:You can see more from this dive and photo shoot on our Flickr page. Take a look. And enjoy!

No comments: