Thursday, September 10, 2015

Two days on a train


The biggest single thing in our trip to the Canadian Rockies was two days on the Rocky Mountaineer's "Journey Through the Clouds."

  


We boarded the train in Jasper, Alberta, elevation 3,480 ft. Two days later we were here


in Vancouver, BC, elevation 0 feet.

On the way we went from this

  

to this


from this


to this


to this


from this


to this


In addition to never-ending, ever-changing spectacular scenery and wonderful on-board service, we got a rare and special treat:


We got to see all the way to the peak of Mt. Robson, the tallest peak in the Canadian Rockies. The peak is visible fewer than 30 days a year.

There are so many more photos from this journey.  And there is more railroad lore ahead on our adventure in the Rockies. I'll post the best of them on Flickr when I have time.

1 comment:

cotterpin said...

amazing, absolutely amazing....adding it to my bucket list. My MIL had toured the Canadian Rockies years ago and loved it - so I've always had it in the back of my mind - but a train with observation cars - ICING ON THE CAKE, I MEAN, MOUNTAIN!