Monday, October 05, 2015

September 12-13, Canada, Day 11-12 Emerald Lake

https://flic.kr/s/aHskm6q7aG

Emerald Lake is another place where a new language, or at least a new vocabulary, is required. I can tell you about the water that ranges from sapphire to jade to crystalline emerald depending on the light. I can tell you about the plaintive but hopeful cry of the loon at daybreak, I can tell you about the trail that passes through six or seven different environments as it works its way around the lake. I can tell you about the stillness and the tranquility and the peace of two kayakers on the lake. I can describe the deep harsh shadows that define the ridges and layers of the mountains around the lake.

I can invite you to share the amazingly beautiful photos we've put on Flickr.

Only in the tiniest sense can I share with you the staggering breathtaking brings-tears-to-your-eyes beauty of this place. It truly must be experienced to be understood.

No comments: