Monday, March 12, 2018

Maria log day 38 October 29, 2017, Sunday

Sunday, October 29 day 38

We haven't received any electric bills since August. That bill was due just about the time Maria hit.

I briefly got online at Carole's tonight intending to try to pay the due bill. I noticed that not only was there a bill but an estimated bill for September/October! There has been no electric since September 19th. The estimated bill is bigger than the previous actual bill even though electric use and availability was zero!

Da noive!

This is our 40th day without electric. Mostly I'm okay with it. There are annoyances - no refrigeration, no washing machine. We keep phones and things charged with an inverter from the truck battery and with Carole's generator in the evenings.

The one thing I am missing is my computer. I am jonesing for photography and to be able to use the computer to edit and store images. It would be nice to have stable reliable Internet access to post photos and theses log entries.

There is so much to do I really don't have time for photography and editing but that doesn't stop my soul from jonesing.

No comments: