Wednesday, May 21, 2008

an OMG we live here week


Last week was an "Oh my god we live here" kinda week. The kind where everything is just so perfect you can't believe how lucky you are just to be here, let alone live here. Blue skies, warm (actually, hot!) sun, crystal clear blue water. Diving and snorkeling were incredible. (Unfortunately, I didn't get to do as much of either as I would have liked.)


Late in the week a new swell came that provided some fun surfing for a few days. Yeah, I missed that too. With Elaine gone, even the everyday stuff seems to take forever. Add to that a bunch of paperwork for the government, and it just feels like I haven't had time. In reality, I probably did have the time, just not the motivation.

I did go diving last week with Darryl. Everything was beautiful, wonderful while we were going out and while we were down. But that swell started coming in while we were down. By the time We surfaced just outside the reef, there was the strongest rip I've ever felt. It took fully half an hour just to get back over the reef into Blue Hole. We had to time it just right to let the waves help us in and then not lose ground on the out-surge. It was the scariest moment I've had diving here. And it was on the surface! not under water. Oh, well. We're both back in on dry land and safe. And I learned a little more about the ocean and about diving so it's all good.

No comments: