Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Best moments over the weekend



 

First, the Peanut Butter Burger is back and that is making a lot of people happy!

We picked a great weekend to restart the burgers. I think we were busier than we thought we would be for the holiday weekend. The responses made all the crazy preparation worth it.

Best moments? One of our local long-time friends took his first bite of the Gringo Burger. He sat back in his chair, closed his eyes, and said, "It's even better than I remember!"


This comment is doubly sweet: living up to a guest's "memory" is one of the scariest things about this business. When a guest says, "I had the Peanut Butter Burger three years ago and it was so good! I've waited three years for this," I cringe just a little inside. We know the burgers are good - they are the best! But will they live up to the memory? So to hear the comment, "Even better than I remember" is an incredible compliment.

Several guests commented, "it's good to see you busy and full again."

Hopefully, we can build on this momentum.

No comments: