Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Photo of the day 11 de abril de 2007


Surf season is supposed to winding down but it's
hard to believe from the number of surfers out today
here on the tailend of spring break, trying to catch one
last ride. This is the line-up at Surfers Beach this
morning. There are more photos from Surfers and
Wilderness on the the new web site,
www.puertoricosurfphoto.com If you haven't seen it
yet, check it out. We'll post the best of today's surf
pictures on Flickr also for everybody used to looking
there.

Otherwise, it was a pretty mundane day at Lola's
Corner. We found out we have to get a new starter for
the Lola-mobile - I'll do that tomorrow. I did
laundry; now I'm out of laundry detergent. But the
hammock is clean and there are clean sheets on the
bed. The afternoon has been grey, overcast, but very
warm.

I love running Lola's, but I look forward to my days
off, to going out to photograph surfers or kite
surfers or putting up a kite, with or without a camera
on it. I like being able to go to the beach any time,
without a time crunch. But in some ways the days off,
the mundane days, are harder. I have more time to miss
E., to want to share with her even more than I do on
the days Lola's is open. These are days that are
harder to be away from her, if that's possible.

But always out there, underlying the mundane
day-to-day activities, there is always the sound of
the ocean, just a couple minutes walk away.

And the ocean, the beach are really why Amber, Jazz
and I are here, getting Lola's Corner ready for E.

2 comments:

stephanepr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
stephanepr said...

Hello John and E,

It's great to keep in "touch" with you both through these blogs. I just recently found out about this web site and am enjoying the "news". E, I'm happy that things are going well and good luck and speed on the sale. I can't tell you enough how brave I think you two are. Eventhough you are currently living apart...you are essentially living your dream. And in a way, we get to witness that. That's pretty cool.
The Best is Yet to Come...So I'll keep reading. Look forward to reading and seeing you on our future visits. Love you guys Steph -- the good one;)