Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th


Today is Friday the 13th but my bad luck happened a couple of days ago. While taking this and some other pictures of Amber and Jazz in the water, yep, ANOTHER camera housing flooded, damaging ANOTHER camera. Canon (maker of both the camera and the housing) and I are having more words about it. In the mean time no underwater or KAP pictures since I use the same camera for both.

The good news is Elaine will be home on Tuesday. The good photographic news is she's bringing the backup camera with her so at least we'll be able to shoot KAP pics again. But no snorkeling or diving pictures until the housing issue is resolved.

I have other cameras here but the Canon A620 - the one that was damaged - is my everyday-take-it-everywhere camera. It is amazing how naked I feel without the camera with me. It just doesn't feel right. Back in the days when I was doing a lot of photography in Michigan friends called my camera my "jewelry" or my "necklace" because I was never without it; it was always on my shoulder. It's become like that again here. I take the camera everywhere. It just feels odd to be without it. The universe must think I need additional patience training. I have to cool my heels, wait for Elaine to get home, wait for the situation with Canon to resolve.

No comments: