Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back again...


in more ways than one.

First (and most obviously) we have internet access, at least for the moment. It's been very sporadic for over a week now. Uploads have been difficult because it keeps randomly cutting out, interrupting the upload. Choice Cable is supposed to fix it today or tomorrow. We'll see. But we have it for now so on we go!

The second back is I HAVE MY NEW UNDERWATER CAMERA AND HOUSING! WOO-HOO! all of you who are tired of my whining about not having it can come back and read again. The new camera is a Canon Powershot A640. I really like this series of cameras. The new housing is an Ikelite, NOT another Canon. This is all thanks to Elaine (who may have gotten a bit tired of listening to me whine about it also). We still haven't resolved the other issues with Canon but that has lost some of it's urgency. I can take pictures in the water again and that's the important thing! Thank you, Elaine!!!!

The third "back" is the ocean. Yesterday for the first time in nearly two weeks - since Hurricane Dean went by - the ocean was calm enough and clear enough to really enjoy snorkeling or diving. The reef squid picture is from our snorkeling adventure yesterday. We were out a long time. Darryl and I are supposed to go diving this afternoon but there are thunderstorms in the area. Guess it depends on what's happening at 5:00 pm. Right now it's raining and thundering like crazy. (Amber hates thunder. He's lying right under my chair. If I get up, he gets up and follows me around like a...well, like a scared puppy.)

No comments: