Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Everybody's workin' for the weekend..."


Wow! (I use that word a lot down here but that's the way I feel about things.) It's our weekend and we're enjoying it!

It's been a busy week here - both at Ola Lola's and away from the business.

Elaine and I had our first yoga class today. I've always known yoga was harder than it looked but I had no idea how much harder. You find out really quickly what parts are tight and kinked up and need stretching. But it's only the first class. We'll do better next week. Poco a poco. (Little by little.)

Congratulations to Mike and Michelle who were married this week up up on the mountain. They - and all their friends - spent the evening before the wedding celebrating at Ola Lola's. We've hosted many wedding parties but I think this one gets the prized for longest distance traveled: most of the wedding party was from various parts of Alaska! Bit of a change of scenery and weather for them!

We toasted the (almost) newly-weds with coquito and fun and much joy and laughter. Congratulations, you two.

The weekend was pretty good for surf pictures also. I got some good ones Friday and Sunday. I love taking the pictures but the post-processing - downloading them, editing them, doing whatever corrections they need - is time consuming. I like doing it, but it takes me away from other things - like writing the blog. But I think the results are worth it. You can see the best of them in two new sets on Flickr and more on www.puertosurfphoto.com. Check 'em out. Let me know what you think.

Not much snorkeling or diving this week. Between the wind and the waves it's been too rough. But t0day, this afternoon, is beautiful so we're headin' out in a few minutes. Hopefully we'll have some new pictures to share. If not, well, we're supposed to go diving tomorrow morning. And there are always more stories to tell (even if it takes me a while to get around to telling them).

No comments: