Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wasn't that party!

"Coulda been the whiskey
Mighta been the gin
Coulda been the three or four six-packs
I don't know
but look at the mess I'm in
Head feels like a football
Think I'm gonna die
But me-o me-o my
Wasn't that a party.
-- Tom Paxton

Okay, it wasn't that bad, but we did have a GREAT surprise birthday party! I was expecting a "normal" Monday night at Ola Lola's. Then Elaine tripped and banged her knee and leg really hard. Our friends Marisol and Zan were here. Elaine called me on the radio and asked me to send the two of them back to the house. They came back out to the bar with a box of stuff. Marisol (or was it Zan - I don't remember) said, "Elaine says you're having a surprise party and you have to set up for it. Here's the stuff!" So the three of us put up decorations, put champagne on ice, Marisol pulled out a beautiful cake with an ocean theme, and we gave Elaine tequila shots for pain management. Of course, it was my birthday so I had a couple of tequila shots myself. And champagne. And a beer (or two) I think. I kinda misplaced my own tab.

Thank you to all our wonderful friends who came out to help us celebrate. There will be at least one picture - as soon as we get it from Darryl (guess who forgot to take a camera out to the bar that night!)

p.s. Elaine still has a bit of a gimp, but is recovering.

No comments: