Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!


More than 40 of us gathered on the beach at Shacks last night to toast the last sunset of the year. It was an amazing, beautiful sunset. It was a beautiful end to a not-always-beautiful year but it filled us all with hope for the new year.

From the beach we went to Marisol's for the rest of the evening and a party full of great friends, wonderful food (I think I ate more than I drank and I drank a lot) and good times. We left the party a little early but this morning we heard the party went on 'til 3:00 am.

We're keeping our new year's tradition alive this afternoon with a New Year's Day kite fly (today is the 20th annual New Year's Day festival). Elaine and I have been doing festivals for more than 25 years and we are frequently asked, "What's the weather going to be like?" For years, I've answered, "clear skies, sunshine, about 80 degrees, winds 7-10 mph." Hey - as long as you're wishing, wish for the best, wish for perfection.

But that is EXACTLY the forecast for this afternoon. What an amazing start to the new year! How can we not be filled with hope?

No comments: