Wednesday, May 06, 2009

World Wide KAP Week


We just ended World Wide KAP (Kite Aerial Photography) week. My original goal was to KAP something every day of the week and post the photos on the WWKAP Flickr site. Ah, the best laid plans...

Ripping winds and other commitments limited my time out. (Yes, there is such a thing as too much wind. If the wind over-powers the kite, kite flying, especially with a camera rig hanging from the line, can be come dangerous very quickly.) But I did get out early one morning to shoot one of my favorite KAP subjects, the edge of the ocean along Shacks Beach. It's not only close and convenient, it is beautiful from the air. The colors are so much stronger in the early light than at mid-day (when I usually manage to my act together to go shoot).

You can see more from this set on our Flickr site, www.flickr.com/photos/ola-lolas. And check out the other amazing KAP photos by a number of wonderful KAPpers on the WWKAP site and the "regular" Flickr KAP group. This is always the first group I look on Flickr. It is beautiful, amazing, inspirational, wonderful. I never cease to marvel at the images captured by this group of photographers.

No comments: