Thursday, April 28, 2011

Camera update

The PR police found my diver camera! Or at least they found out what happened to it. The person who stole it sold in on Clasificados Online (which is just what it sounds like, an online classified ads website). He/she sold it for $60!!!!!!!

Since the police have the "perp," he/she has until Friday to pay me $800 to replace the camera and UW housing. If he/she pays, the case is closed and the thief goes free. If not, it becomes a criminal case and goes to trial. If it goes to trial, we probably get nothing in restitution. As much as I'd like to see the bastard go to jail, it probably wouldn't happen anyway. As one cop told me, the system doesn't always work the way we want it to, but this is the way the system works.

At least I won't have to pay to replace the camera/housing.

No comments: