Sunday, January 22, 2012

First KAP session of the new year


I went out for my first KAP (kite aerial photography) session of the new year. The original plan was to KAP the yola on the beach. When I got out there, the yola was gone! At first I figured it had floated off the beach and started to drift and break up on the reef. It was no where to be found. Looks like somebody put a rope on it and hauled it off the beach and out to sea. That's actually good news.

But the "bay" at Shacks was full of kite surfers, the wind was a (relatively) steady 20+ knots, down from 30 the day before. Looked like a great day for KAPping.

When I downloaded the pictures, I found a had a total of three images from a two-hour session. Panic!!! Did something happen to the camera? No, it was fine. The remote control transmitter? It was working okay. Ah! The servo that pushes the shutter button. It was stuck. It would move manually but not with a signal from the radio. I tried various combinations and it looks like the servo is the culprit.

I'm waiting a new servo. Once that's replaced later this week, I'll try again.

No comments: