Wednesday, July 10, 2013

TS Chantal

  
Tuesday night we had our first brush with a tropical storm of this hurricane season. Chantal scooted past well south of la isla. The winds picked up a bit and we had a little rain but nothing like the 3-8 inches they were predicting at one point. We are grateful for that!

The satellite photo above was taken about 5:00 pm Wednesday, more that 12 hours after Chantal passed us. We still have some lingering clouds but what is left of the storm is now over Haiti.

So what do you do when you're waiting for a storm? Don't know about you but we went scuba diving yesterday morning. 



Crashboat is always one of our "fishiest" dive sites with more of more kinds of fish than just about anywhere else but yesterday was crazy even by Crashboat standards. Most striking was this huge school of goatfish. Plus we saw lots of sergeantmajors, a scrawled cowfish, several trunkfish, an Atlantic spadefish, a baby drum, and and and 

Speaking of sergeantmajors, a couple of weeks ago we were diving a Crashboat. The night before I scraped my head, which is a pretty common occurrence. The scrape left a little ridge of skin loose on top of my head. While hanging out with a gazillion sergeantmajors under the pier, I felt this weird something on top of my head, like I was being munched on. At first it kinda freaked me out but I realized a sergeantmajor was eating that little ridge of loose skin. I started to laugh. I laughed so hard I spit out my regulator - not the first time that's happened either. I tried to thank the sergeantmajor for cleaning up my wound but by the time I turned around, he/she had disappeared into the crowd.

No comments: