Friday, November 08, 2013

Meanwhile, back in Puerto Rico...

http://www.puertoricosurfphoto.com

There are still more posts to come about St Lucia, but life goes on in Puerto Rico as well. Surf season started this week with the first big swell of the year. I got a pretty good set of photos from Wilderness this week. The photos are up on our website, www.PuertoRicoSurfPhoto.com.

I've heard varying reports about this swell, how big it's been, how good it's been (or not been), how much some people have surfed, etc. Maybe I've just been in the wrong places but here are my observations. Yes, it has been by far the biggest, longest lasting swell of the new season. But everywhere I've been - mostly Wilderness and Surfers - the waves have seemed very "heavy" and very "fat," not breaking very well. I've seen a lot of heads bobbing in the water but frankly, not a lot of surfing. Like I said maybe I've just been in the wrong place.

The Corona Pro Surf competition is this weekend at Middles. It looks like this swell is going to stick around long enough make this competition fun. If the wind stays down, the competitors should have some nice clean waves to play on. On the other hand, if the wind comes up a bit, I'll be able to fly my KAP kite and get some photos from up there.

More about the competition as the weekend goes on. And let's hope this is also the start of our season at Ola Lola's as well.

No comments: