Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day one of my birhtday week

Someone asked me if this was a "milestone" birthday. At this point in my life, they're all milestones!

Here in Puerto Rico we don't just celebrate birthDAYS. We celebrate birth-WEEKS, sometimes months, maybe "Hey, I have a birthday this year!"

My birth-week started with a surprise celebration last night at Ola Lola's. Elaine flat out told me she wasn't planning anything. But wait! I've been joking that this year a become a Beatles' song - I turn 64.

Many of you know Elaine's tradition of rewriting songs for special occasions. She just couldn't
get "When I'm Sixty-four" out of her head. And so, I present you with my birthday song:


It was an amazing wonderful surprise! The whole bar full of people sang along.



Thank you Susie Tobin for the photos. I was busy!





No comments: