Sunday, December 18, 2016

Been a while

In all honesty, I had to stay away. The election pretty much devastated me. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. I'm not going to dwell on it here, but I am more afraid for our country than I have ever been. W Bush was dangerous and an embarrassment; Trump is beyond the pale. There have been crazy bad people as President before. There has always been a separation between the person and the office. One could dislike the person but there was still respect for the office. The Republicans have destroyed that. Their behavior toward the Obama administration over the last eight years and now the election of Trump so a total disregard and a total lack of respect for the office and the American people.

I've spent 10 years here in Puerto Rico trying to be apolitical. I don't think I can be. I fear for my daughters and my granddaughters and my friends and family of color and my friends and family whose sexuality is different. This insanity must be fought and defeated.

I will however try to keep politics out of here. No promises but I will try.

No comments: