Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Cutting the grass

Dang it! I cut down the "fireworks" flower. (I don't know what it's really called but it looks like a burst of red-orange fireworks.)

I didn't mean to, of course. I slipped with the "mower."

The choice weapons of mass vegetation destruction (or at least control) are the machete and my personal favorite, the weed-whacker.

When I first saw a weed-whacker used to "mow" a fairly large open area of grass, I was puzzled. When I found out Katie only had a weed-whacker to "mow" the Lola yard, I said to myself, "hmmm."

Turns out, at least here at Lola's, a weed-whacker is a remarkably effective tool. There are only a couple of small open areas. The rest is in fact trimming around ponds and plants.

But sometimes I slip and cut down something I didn't mean to cut down, like the fireworks flower. My biggest problem with it is keeping the week-whacker level so the grass gets cut at the same height. I am getting better though. Today's job looks less like a bad hair cut than previous attempts.

It has been suggested that if I cut the grass more often, I'd get more practice.

Hmmm. Maybe.

1 comment:

Tada! said...

Hey there. Sorry to see your floods, but glad you're reunited and so happy.