Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's my birthday...it's Father's Day

Actually, yesterday was my birthday - and what a party Elaine threw for me at Lola's last night. Wow! A lot of our island friends came to help celebrate. And of course Sara is here as a birthday/Father's Day surprise. Thanks to Sara for all her help and to Pat, Charlie, Marisol and Suzann - and to everybody who came to party!

Elaine noted my birthday is always an event. For many years I was the official photographer for an air show that always happened the week of my birthday. Then, Elaine and I ran a kite festival that was on my birthday weekend. Now, it's a party at Lola's!

My other big surprise was a gift certificate to get certified to go SCUBA diving. THANK YOU, Elaine!!! I love snorkeling, especially with Elaine, but I really want dive too. Elaine doesn't so much. So, I go diving, she goes horse-back riding with our friend Tito. That plays.

I got the underwater housing for my camera back and I've taken some new pictures snorkeling. I'll post those on Flickr in the next few days. They need some work though. There is a bad row of pixels in the camera's sensor so I have edit/crop/otherwise fix each photo. That take some time and we're having way too much fun showing Sara around.

This is Sara's fourth day on the island and she's already been snorkeling in at least two places most tourists don't see - the outside reef at Shacks and Natura. Today we took her up on the karst rock top see the blow hole at Jobos.

No comments: