Monday, March 22, 2010

Kaiden is here!

Last week we welcomed our latest addition, our fourth grandchild, Kaiden to the world. He's nearly a week old already and cute as a bug.

The proud parents - especially Papa Miguel - are so happy they could bust!







Kennedy wasn't too sure about this whole big sister thing when she first met Bebe Kai. But it didn't take her long to become a protective, caring and comforting big sis. At least for a while.





I can't believe I'm so far behind it's taken nearly a week even to mention Bebe Kai. I could claim that I was sick the whole week Bebe Kai was born and only functioning on bare existence level (that's true). But that hardly seems to matter in light of this beautiful amazing wonderful new life coming into our lives. Even though I didn't get to see him 'til he was two days old, I got to watch the amazing play of emotions as Kennedy met her little brother first time: jealousy (why is my daddy holding that OTHER baby? Who is that anyway?); protection ("stop, daddy, stop!" when Kai cried as he got his diaper changed); gentle love ("It's okay, Bebe Kai" with a gentle touch on his head). "Priceless" doesn't even begin to cover it. Words like "awesome" and "amazing" and "wonderful" and "incredible" are trite and flat and do nothing to describe the tremendous joy that threatens to explode my chest.

You WILL read more about Kai and Kennedy (and their parents) soon.

No comments: