Friday, March 26, 2010

Natural

Last night, John, Darryl and I did a completely different dive, a night dive on the reef we call Natural. I've done night dives before but this was the first on Natural. And just like SCUBA diving is entering a whole different world, diving at night is a DIFFERENT different world. Natural is a beautiful reef in the daylight and just amazing at night. Different critters are out and about so you see different things. And because your field of vision is pretty much limited to what your dive light shows, you vision tends to focus on smaller details.

Last night was a nearly perfect night for diving. No waves, a flat, calm sea, a bright half moon that gave us a little ambient light even at 60' and surprising for Natural, virtually no current. That made the dive easy and made possible to check out the little things like the decorator crabs, the cuttlefish, a good size moray eel, a big barracuda, and the corals and sponges with things extended to feed.

I do love diving. I'm glad I'm finally getting better at using my air so dives last longer. There is just so much to see down there.

1 comment:

chumly said...

Wow. Best dive I ever took and I just read about yours. Thanks.