Friday, December 17, 2010

New photo of the day


When I first got to PR, I used to post a "photo of the day." It was a way to keep in touch with with people back in the States - especially Elaine who was still in Michigan - and a way to keep exploring our new home. It also was a way to keep writing and posting something just about everyday.

I've obviously gotten out of that habit and I want to get back into it. So here's the first of the new photos of the day.

This from a portrait session Sirah and I did before she left. We were shooting at the lighthouse ruins near Wilderness Beach. The sun was setting and the light was just about gone. We hurried down to the rocks below the ruins to get the last of the sunlight behind her. Using a single flash we created this dramatic portrait.

Sirah is an wonderful young lady. She's smart and beautiful and a joy to work with. I wish we'd started making pictures before just a couple of days before she left. Hopefully, we'll get to shoot some more when she comes back to the island. We will miss her presence as a friend and at Ola Lola's.

You can see more from this portrait session on our Flickr page.

No comments: