Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The hurrider I go...

My first whale sighting at Wilderness this morning.

the behinder I get.

The new year is less than two weeks old and I'm already behind. Not because there's nothing to write about, but because there is SO MUCH going on.

I haven't written yet about the great night we had with the band Los Petardos on Sunday. This was Day Two of our Sirah's Birthday Celebration Weekend (even though she's back in Colorado). It was a great party and lots of fun with a whole bunch of friends, new and familiar. Thanks to all the guys in the band and to everyone who came out to celebrate.

After a long, unintentional hiatus due to crappy waves, crappy light and much work over the holidays, I finally got back out to photograph surfers this week.

This morning I had my first whale sighting while shooting at Wilderness Beach. There were at least two whales. They didn't fully breech but we did see them come up to breathe. They weren't very far outside the lineup. All the stand up paddleboarders, who are standing on their boards (duh!) and thus had a better view, all turned around to watch.

Besides the whale photo, I got some great shots of surfers. You can see them on our website, PuertoRicoSurfPhoto.com. As soon as I get a little time, I'll put a set on Flickr as well. Enjoy. Hopefully, there are lots more to come this season.

No comments: