Thursday, October 13, 2011

Corona Pro surf competition


This past weekend was the annual Coronal Pro surf competition at Middles Beach. For the firt time since I've been here, there were real actual honest-to-god waves!

There are so many other photographers at events like this, many of them "official," that I rarely bother shooting the actual surfers like I would on a non-contest day. I mean, who cares about just another shooter on the beach?

I prefer to give photographs of the event my own perspective, in this case a kite's-eye view. There were thousands of photos taken over the weekend. Many of them have been posted on websites all over. NO ONE else has photos of the event like this one. You can see more of the KAP (kite aerial photography) photos and a few surfer photos on our Flickr pages and on our website, www.puertoricosurfphoto.com. Check 'em out and enjoy!

No comments: