Sunday, October 09, 2011

Rotten truths

Been away from here for a while. I could give you lots of reasons but they would mostly be excuses. (Someone wrote "if it's not important, you'll find excuses. If it is important, you'll find a way." I like that.)

The the rotten truth is, I just haven't felt motivated to write. I've been here almost five years now. I'm no longer a "traveler" on this end of Puerto Rico. A lot of the "newness" (if not the adventure) has worn off. I guess I'm projecting my feelings about that onto all of you who read this blog. How many times do you want to see a picture of Shacks Beach as I walk over the dune? I love that sight. It is one of my favorite places and sights in the world. Every time I walk over that dune (and I walk over it at least once a day just about every day) it is an oh-my-god moment for me. But are you tired of it yet?

Are you tired of pictures of reef squid? I'm not. They are endlessly fascinating to watch. But I get to see them live. Seeing photos over and over is just not the same.

There are still many adventures here, many special moments to share that might be interesting. Lately I've been caught up in the everyday minutiae of my own life and even I'm not all that interested in reading about it.

1 comment:

Gigante! said...

For us people still locked in our Northeast reality until we can one day move to the tropics, your blog entries are always fascinating. Even if you think they are repetitive, which they are not.

The same view is never the same on a different day.

Keep the words coming and the photos posting, and I will gladly keep reading and imagining about the day I get to move there.