Monday, September 23, 2013

Finding a new rythm for my life

Now that Elaine is not here, I have full responsibility for the three dogs and at least two of the horses. These are some major changes to the rhythms of my life. I need to find new rhythms to swing to.

As one beginning, I took KTJ swimming in the ocean by myself this morning. That was an adventure!!

She was a little hesitant at first but then she went in. We had a good time splashing. 

Coming out though! Oh boy. Rearing, bucking, throwing kicks every which way. At first I just hung on to the lead rope and danced with her to stay beside - not in front of or behind - her. After the third or fourth time, I started yelling at her to stop, which she kind of did. Crazy! 

Then these two guys walking on the beach asked me if she went in the water. I said yes. They started shouting, "I want to see!" I said, "no. Look at the way she's acting." Then they started walking up behind her!!!! REALLY crazy! 

But it was a good walk: she got exercise, she got in the water and everyone came home safe and unharmed. She got a full-on bath.

Everything's good. Now it's off to take the dogs for their run on the beach.

No comments: