Monday, September 23, 2013

Swimming with a horse in Puerto Rico

No photos of this one.

I took KTJ swimming in the ocean. Two things I can say about the experience: one, it seemed like a good idea at the time and two, it was a good walk, in that all beings returned home unharmed.

Walking her down the the beach was pretty uneventful. When we got to the water, she was a little reluctant but eventually worked her way in and swam a bit. But coming out - holy cats!!!

She started rearing, bucking, throwing kicks every which way.  And when that girl throws a kick and she's fully stretched out, she must be 20 feet long! At first I just hung on to the lead rope and danced with her to stay beside - not in front of or behind - her. After the third or fourth time, I started yelling at her to stop which she kind of did. Crazy! 

Then these two guys ask me if she went in the water. I said yes. The started shouting, "I want to see!" I said, "no! Look at the way she's acting." Then they started walking up behind her!!!! REALLY crazy! 

But as I said, it was a good walk: she got exercise, she got in the water and everyone came home safe and unharmed. 

I probably won't do that again soon.

No comments: