Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23 - the 33rd Day of Winter


There are days when Wishing Well is just one of the most perfect places on earth. Today was one of those days. Clear water. No waves. A perfect sand-bottom entrance. Not another soul in site. Well, not a human soul. There were thousands of souls beneath the surface, including this guy:


He and I hung out together for quite a while. And he (or she) was of two turtles I saw. Plus gazillions of fish.

I need to check the calendar to see if this is the Year of the Goat. It is certainly a year of goatfish! They are everywhere and there are thousands of them, Crashboat, Natural, Wishing Well, Shacks. I've never seen so many goatfish.

I am so glad I went to Wishing Well. I really REALLY missed Elaine because this is a spot we love to share, but it was just gorgeous.

I'm thinking our days of flat clear water are about to end. The surf forecasts are predicting 7-10 foot waves over the weekend. We'll see.


No comments: