Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Best moment Monday 170522

(Update: My days are so screwed up! I've updated the date for this post. This wasn't Monday, the 15th. It was Monday, 22nd! We were closed on Mother's Day.)

I forgot how time consuming taking care of everything is. It's not hard. There is no really hard work I have to do in my day. And it much easier than when Elaine was in St. Lucia a few years ago: I don't have people renting the kitchen and other facilities that I am somehow responsible to. I don't even have our own kitchen crew to be responsible to. But still, many times I get to the end of my day and ask myself, "what did I do today? How did I get here without taking a few minutes to think about and write about a best moment? How did I let that get away from me?"

None of this is a complaint, mind you. It's meant as an observation, a snapshot if you will, of my life at this moment.

So best moment Monday: This is a bit of a backhanded best moment. Sunday evening, Mother's Day, just as we closed, we had a flash flood. I mean flash! It rained a bit but not enough to expect even a little flood. It must have rained a whole lot more up on top because here came the water!

Monday was full of those totally unexpected activities: cleaning up. It wasn't too bad. I got everything up off the floor and moved the car and truck to high ground before I came in for the night.

Monday's best moment was when I finished the unexpected mop up/clean up. No damage, just time and effort expended.

And water. The great irony of a flood is after it's over, what you need is - more water.

No comments: