Friday, May 12, 2017

Best moment Wednesday 170510

YOGA!

I've written about how much yoga has come to mean to me. But yesterday's class with Rosie was special, especially special after last weeks class. Last week I was stiff and creaky and just couldn't get my body into it. This week was completely different. I was more relaxed, less kinked up to start so I was able to get into it more.

I know intellectually that yoga is not just physical, that it is mental and spiritual as well. This week more than ever I felt that more than ever. I had a connection with the people and world around me in ways I've rarely experienced.

And it was only me. We all felt it

Part of what made this special was Rosie's sister Milly was part of our class for her first-ever yoga. Milly had a knee replaced in February and wasn't sure what or how much she could do. Rosie was nervous. Milly did a great job, better I think that even she thought she could do. As we all sat up after our final Savasana relaxation Rosie slid over to hug her sister, a deep, kind, loving embrace. Her embrace reached all of us, enclosed all of us. It was an incredible moment and we were very very privileged and honored to share it.

No question - that was the best moment of the day.

No comments: