Wednesday, November 21, 2018

MARIA log Day 61 November 22, Wednesday

 Wednesday, November 22 day 61

We go new fence wire today so we can fence new field areas For the horses at Rancho Raquel. A huge "Thank you" to the people at Jeffers for waiving the $86 shipping costs and for sending wormer for the horses. Such amazing generosity! And we truly appreciate it.

Now we need T-posts to put up the fence. T-posts aren't easy to find here under the best of circumstances; not many people use them. Home Depot is about the only place to get them.

In the aftermath of the hurricane T-posts seem to be a hot item. I drove to Mayagüez and they had one. Count 'em: 1! I had the Mayagüez store check with the Hatillo store. Yes, they have them. How many do you need? I need 50 6-foot posts. No problem.

I couldn't get to Hatillo today. I hope they still have them when I do get there.

On the way home from Mayagüez I realized that's the farthest I've been from home since the hurricane.

No comments: