Wednesday, November 21, 2018

MARIA log Day 62 November 23 Thursday

Thursday, November 23 day 62


Happy thanksgiving! Amid all the chaos and craziness, we have so much to be grateful for, starting with each other. I don't tell here nearly enough but I am beyond words grateful for Elaine in my life. I can't even imagine going through this with anyone else.

I am grateful for our kids, even the one who hasn't returned a message or phone call in almost two years. I am especially grateful right now for our renewed relationship with Steven. I am grateful for Amy's strength as she goes through a shit-storm with Miguel.

I am so grateful to our extended Puerto Rican "family" who have meant so much over the past couple of months and the past 11 years.


We spent a quiet but wonderful Thanksgiving evening with a big part of that family: Rolf, Carole, Jeremy, and neighbors Judy and Anthony. Huge thanks (again!) to Jeremy for getting the turkey and cooking it in his oven with power from his generator. An huge thanks to Elaine who spent most of the day Jeremy's kitchen fixing turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and apple pie!!!!!


Later in the evening we got to spend time with our fabulous musician friend Rique and his wife Raisa. We didn't know it but Raisa is a film maker. We got to watch a couple of her videos Very very cool!

Today was sunny and warm all day. Just a tiny bit of rain--barely enough to get the ground wet--in the evening.

We took advantage of the weather this morning to spend time with the horses. They all got bathed and groomed. Chocolate got a good workout (thanks to Marie, not me) which he needed. KTJ and Zip are both breathing better and KT is starting to put on weight, which is good. Maybe they are finally getting over their hurricane stress.

While Elaine and Jeremy cooked this afternoon, I finally got in the water at Crashboat. The legs of the long pier are like pick-up sticks. I just snorkeled today. Maybe next week I'll get to dive there. It's pretty surreal.


A least I got salt water on my skin!

No comments: