Sunday, June 09, 2019

Sunday, June 9 2019



It's been a crazy week (what week isn't?). Yesterday was World Ocean Day. Not only did I miss remarking on it, I didn't even get in the ocean for it. It has been flat and calm every day this week - at least in the mornings  - and I did not get in the ocean once. Shame on me! No wonder I'm feeling out of sorts. We were supposed to go snorkeling Thursday but that got cancelled. Ah, well.


This week - like most weeks lately - has mostly been about horses. They are all getting healthy from little nicks and "new heard" anxieties and getting comfortable going without shoes, some of them for the first time. (That's a big deal for a horse, a big adjustment.) Most importantly, they have become a herd. The two new horses have been accepted and are now part of the herd. Again, that's a very important step.


Yunque, one the new horses from the police mounted division, was a therapy horse for the first time this week. And I got be a real therapy volunteer for the first time this week! Yay for us!


Coda Bear and I still go for a walk every day, usually on a beach. Some day, in fact most days right now, that's my only contact with the ocean. I'm tellin' ya, that has got to change! I need my vitamin Sea!

Weird little Ted, our latest rescue dog, now joins us on our walks. He get really upset if I start out and don't put his little harness on. It's good though. He and Coda like to romp on the beach together. He's a good playmate for Coda despite the difference in their sizes.



Fair warning: I will be off-line for the next 10 days. I leave tomorrow morning for Buenos Aires (yes, in Argentina) to watch my grandson Kai play soccer. He is nine years old and was recruited for this tour. His team in Ohio just won the state cup championship, defeating a team in the finals they've never beaten before. Yeah, he's good - really good. And he loves it. So poor poor pitiful me is going to watch him play. And, I get to hang out with his mother for the week. I will be gone but should have good stories when I get back.

See ya on the flipside. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

No comments: