Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 Happy Holidays!


Happy Holidays - whatever holidays you celebrate! May this season and the coming new year be full of joy, love, and wonder for you and yours.


It's a quiet Christmas morning here. Ranch chores with dogs and horses this morning, then we're off to San Juan and the hospital to take Christmas dinner to Ben and his sisters Annie and Maggie.

It has been an odd Christmas season for me. I've felt very disconnected from just about everything. Since August, so much has been focused on Ben and his needs and treatments. While I'm incredibly grateful his sisters are here for him and taking over much of the care, I fell a little displaced. There has been so little time and energy for other people and activities. I'm not blaming it all on Ben situation. Part of my disconnect is a product of our new lives away from Ola Lola's. People I used to see regularly I don't see or talk to hardly at all. Others have left the island completely. It's hard and I'm struggling with it.

Enough of that. It is a season of joy and celebration! Let's celebrate and be grateful for all the goodness we have.

Thanks for reading this. I will try to be more regular with my posts.

No comments: